Lemon & Garlic Hummus
1 x tin Chickpeas
2 x cloves Garlic
Grated rind & juice of 1 Lemon
2 x tbsp Tahini paste
2 x tbsp Olive Oil
1 x tsp ground Cumin
Salt & Black Pepper
- Drain the chickpeas but reserve the liquid
- In a food processor blend everything together and slowly add about half of the liquid until you get a smooth and creamy consistency like mayonnaise.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve with crunchy vegetable crudités or homemade tortilla chips.
- This will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Super Green Breakfast Smoothie
2 x green apples
1/4 x fresh pineapple
1 x thick slice fresh lemon
1 large handful of washed fresh spinach
1 small pot natural yogurt
- Juice the apple, carrot, pineapple & lemon
- Add fresh juice to blender with spinach & yogurt
- Blend until smooth & consume within 20 minutes for maximum benefit.
130g Smooth peanut butter
100g porridge oats
60g desiccated coconut
50g ground flax/linseed
50g Dark chocolate chips
100g honey or agave syrup
1 x tbsp chopped almonds
1 x tsp vanilla extract
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl with a spoon until well combined
- Place in the fridge for 15 minutes to chill before shaping into balls
- Once chilled roll into balls of whatever size you would like (mine were about 1″ in diameter)
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week
- Makes 20-25